This undergraduate program at the Post Basic level aims to upgrade diploma (GNM) nurses to assume responsibilities as professionally competent nurses and midwives at the basic level in providing promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative services.
On completion of the BSc Nursing (Post-Basic) degree programme the graduates will be able to:
- Assess health status, identify nursing problems, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care for patients that contribute to health of the individuals, families and communities.
- Demonstrate competency in techniques of nursing based on concepts and principles from selected areas of nursing, physical, biological and behavioural sciences.
- Participate as members of a health team in the promotive, preventive, curative and restorative health-care delivery system of the country.
- Demonstrate skills in communication and inter-personal relationship.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and decision-making abilities in various situations.
- Demonstrate skills in teaching individuals.